Thursday, April 26, 2012

Arrived safely in Xi'an

I have had very smooth travels and have arrived in Joy's province only a little late due to a busy tarmac in Beijing. My adoption guide/translator, Sherry, picked me up at the airport and got me checked into my hotel. She's given me the run down on our day tomorrow. I get Joy at 10am Fri which is Thur 10pm EST.

This is a CRAZY BUSY city!!! Only nearly crashed into pedestrians, rickshaws, buses, etc about 100 times just from the airport to hotel.

I tried to take photos with my regular -new camera, sorry to say not only were they all blurry, but my netbook can't get on blogger to post anyway. I have to use the 3G AT&T service from my iPhone to post. So I'll only be posting pics I take with my phone for now.

Here are a few before I call it a night. It's been 34 hours since I started my journey so I should get some rest.

Next time I post, I'll have Joy.


Photos: me on plane to Xi'an, the Belll Tower outside my hotel window, Skypeing with my family

3 comments:

  1. We are sending good thoughts your way...can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you arrived safely.
    It's 8:30 pm here and my family & I are about to say a prayer for you. I am certain this is an incredibly exciting time for you as well as a nervous time for you. I remember not too long ago that exact feeling!
    He has it all worked out already...He will enter the room before you and all will go well!
    Love,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see you with your girl!

    ReplyDelete