Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Tuesday in Xian


Tuesday in Xian




I have found a place I like very much here in Xian. Haagen-Dazs! I had the most DELICIOUS cappuccino and...
























Joy had ice cream. I could have just had water for all I cared. It was the ambiance. A very elegant ambiance. The waiters wore tuxedos. We'll be going back.



















After sleeping in, having some donuts, we had to go to the store (like a mini Super Target). 




And there, my girl and I had the most wonderful bonding moment! I thought I'd look for her some long pants on the 3rd floor but across the isle from clothes was something that caught her eye. She began pulling my arm in that direction and speaking fast in Chinese. It was books! Yes, books! She began to hug this one and that one and looking at me with dreamy eyes. I was elated! 




She picked out few and kept saying 'thank you-thank you' (in chinese). But then the pinnacle occurred, in the middle was school-books!!!! She hurried over, opening several with a huge smile and big eyes. She wanted them all! I stood there and seriously about cried. THIS is what we have in common! We found our common ground & I was so thankful. I am a home-educator after all & to see my girl loves math books as much as me sent me over the moon in love with her in that moment. 


BUT THEN, we got to pay & they wouldn't let us buy them. No English, no comprende! But I was NOT leaving that store without those books! Had they seen the look in her eyes?! 










After a stand-off, they agreed to let me buy the books. (it was just they were gonna have to go to the 3rd floor to get a ticket for them that I didn't know I was supposed to get). 

Cappuccinos, bonding & victory all in one day. Not bad. 

(Our Terra Cotta Warrior tour was rescheduled for Wed, something about the driver that I didn't quite understand, but that was OK, we were tired from the day before,)







I have attached photos of the outside of our hotel and the tunnel system.

Until tomorrow....

2 1/2 days left in Xian. I think we are both ready to start the next chapter of life.














And Back at Home. We're having Horticulture day! At least this was a way for dad to give school credit while getting a hard Job done. Look who's working mom! Yes, they're be a verbal book report. 

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! She really looks so very happy. I'm so glad for you both.

    Glad to hear of your adventures!! :)

    ReplyDelete