Sunday, May 6, 2012

Church on Shamian


Church on Shamian is always nice to attend.
















The 11am service is in Chinese & English. This was Joy's first experience with Church and she sort of just thought it was another "tour" and wanted to leave.








I translated to her that I am a follower of Jesus and this is "my family here" so she stayed put. She had been thinking my meal and bedtime talks to him were just some sort of chants, so I am hoping today with it in Chinese she understood it more.
 








She got her first Bible today. Just a children's Bible. I bought one for Kya 7yrs ago and now Autumn loves it very much. I got the same one for Joy.


They were 45RMB which she thought was a lot of money and seem to understand it was very special . She can read Chinese and it's in both languages, so she can now read about him herself.






I said to the lady in the bookstore "She doesn't understand at all yet." And she smiled, pointed up and said "He knows her though."

So right! He does know her and he loves her. He first loved us. Now, with time, she will also know him.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks sweetie for my new flowers in the yard

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious post! I've been following the journey to bring Joy home, but haven't commented before. I Believe He planted a seed in Joy's heart on this day. Sweet Girl need lots of love. I will add you all to my prayer list. I can't wait to watch her grow in the love and Faith of your family! Hugs ~ Jo

    ReplyDelete