Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Goodbye China


Goodbye China



Well, the end is here.








After 3 1/2 years of waiting for God to reveal to us who "Joy" would be and then another a year of paper-chasing after "finding" her, the end of this journey is over.








What an adventure it has been and I'm certain the next part of the journey will be like riding wild rapids. I'm looking forward to it.










We have a few misc shots of our last few days here to share with you. The goodbyes tonight were bittersweet.


Telling our favorite shop owners, a few who are our "sisters", goodbye. Being on the island, I have spent the last 5 days chatting with them for periods of time. They have shared so much that I have not been able to post. My heart longs to see them again. I hope and pray their stories end up happy ones and I hope one day to return with my entire family.





For now, we also long to be home. Joy is ready. She wants her sisters, her brother and her Babba. She wants her home, her room, her bed, her yard, a wardrobe and toys. She's waited 9 years to have a home and a family. Her time has come. Sweet Joy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment