Saturday, November 12, 2011

A Promise is A Promise

The Lord is the same yesterday, today and forever. Man will fail us. Man will break his promises but God never will. And God promised me a child. He promised me Joy. So why do I fret?

It's day 76 of what we had been traditionally a 50 day wait for the Homeland Security (USCIS) clearance. Why us? Why did God choose us for this long wait? Why now when it was our turn to receive the approval? Why? Why? and more why?

Bottom line: I don't know. I may never know. And in all my worrying to make it happen yesterday, my worry does not accomplish one single thing of good.

God promised me Joy. Worry only makes us sick and doesn't accomplish anything. God keeps his promises. God has an appointed time that will not be missed.

And, so each day I try harder and harder to release my worry, my stomach knots over to Him.

You may not be an adoptive parent and wonder why 25 days is a big deal. Let me just say if you were pregnant and 25 days beyond your due date, you would have been induced. And friends, I am READY to be induced here!!!

I wish I could say I have fully handed it over. That would be a lie but I am leaning on the Everlasting Rock. I am pulling my strength from him. I know he will fulfill his promises. I know he will make my joy complete. I know she will be in my arms. I know that our family will be all together on one continent. I know these things. Let me focus on what I know and stop fretting over what only God knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment